Monday, December 5, 2011

Highs and Lows

Oh my, Splitfires and new plugs made my car a dream! So smooth. Ripped skids to work and back 5 days a week. Spectacularly blew up a powersteering pump, reco'd it, and added a cooler. Went down coast to work on bikes and my boost gauge was trying for high scores. Defi's are dumb, I would turf the whole lot for Greddy meters in a heartbeat.


Got front brake rotor drilled on Triumph, so it actually stops in the rain. Also got a new set of K70's for it, all mounted on Borrani rims. Didnt even think of taking photos till it was too dark.

Also dusted off the C90 DELUXE. Id say it'd be a fair bit quicker than the Ruckus, 3speed auto! but it really needs a new headbearing to ride safely. I think parts are easy to come by on these things though? I havent even checked.

Then the motor in brown Cef started making an odd noise. Not a horribly bad noise, just one that was enough to annoy me, which doesnt take much. Initially I thought it was just timing chain rattle? So I took it apart to check, but that seemed ok. Was the first time in ages I'd been able to say hello to my Tomei cams and timing gear as well, so that was nice.

Anyway, its turned out my shithead PE1420 turbo has broken. I'd say bearings or something gone out of balance, as it tries to shake itself to bits at ~2900rpm, but earlier and after that it is fine. It's a bit of a bummer, but now I can't decide what to buy for xmas, a TD06-L2, or a plain jane HKS GT-RS. Brain tells me to go HKS, but my heart says the TD06, and its looking more and more like TD06 every minute.

1 comment:

Danny said...

dont care which turbo, but when it's fixed i want a drive