Monday, June 6, 2011

Elusive Exclusive

Earlier this year, my 4wding skills came into question when i had to negotiate a water crossing trying to get home during the brisbane floods. It was apparent I didnt have any skills at all when I blew apart my front bar into pieces and mangled the associated ducting on some submerged flood debris. I collected all the bits, bar one large corner piece, which meant home repairing wasnt a possibility.

I couldnt replace it, cause no-one makes that White aero anymore, so I decided on a Wonder Shadow front bar from Japan. However Wonder I guess is kinda low volume so I had to wait an unspecified time before they'd even make any. Heart broken. Then a few days later, I got a line on some 2nd hand ex-demo Wonder aero. Put the money on that, and over the next week or so it avoided the earthquakes and a tsunami and unfortunately a boatride home. Finally its arrived and clinging to my car with a double ziptie embrace.

Photobucket

Its in great condition, and somehow pretty much matches my paint? What are the odds? If I'm being picky theres probably a shade more silver in it, but I'm not. The long wait made me doubt my decision many times, but now that its on the car, Im glad I got it. So aggressive I love it. The clear indicators that came with it are a nice touch too. Totally gunna clown the speedbumps at work.
Photobucket

Photobucket
I measured up the front opening for the new ducting which I'll make up (looks gross without ducting), and as much as Im bored of those wheels, I should really polish them up again, they need a new lease of life. I still have to get new coilpacks for this thing too. Why do splitfires still cost the same since forever?

As a sidenote, I took these photos on my phone, whilst I had Matt's old DSLR in my bag beside me. Pretty much confirmed to myself that I shouldn't bother getting a fancy camera, they're just too annoying to use.

No comments: